- Rising prices following a decline. The CENTER ONLINE Futures Glossary————The use of depreciation of assets to offset costs; or a new period of rising securities prices after a period of declining security values. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary
* * *recovery re‧cov‧er‧y [rɪˈkʌvri] noun recoveries PLURALFORM1. [countable, uncountable] ECONOMICS when prices increase or the economy grows again after a difficult period of time:
• Share prices staged a slight recovery yesterday.
• Hopes for an economic recovery evaporated.2. [uncountable] FINANCE when you get something back, such as money that you are owed:
• The company said it will pursue recovery of its investment.ˌbad ˈdebt reˌcovery [uncountable]ACCOUNTING FINANCE payment of debts that had been considered unlikely to be paid, or forcing someone, for example in a court of law, to pay a debt they should already have paid:
• Italian banks have been handicapped by the extremely slow legal process for bad debt recovery.3. [uncountable] ACCOUNTING when you gradually get back an amount of money that you have spent on an asset by paying less tax. This reduction in tax is allowed to make up for depreciation (= the asset's loss of value over time)4. [uncountable] INSURANCE anything that an insurance company is able to get back that reduces the total amount of a loss, such as damaged property, stolen goods that are found by the police etc
* * *recovery UK US /rɪˈkʌvəri/ noun► [S or U] ECONOMICS, FINANCE a process in which a situation improves after a difficult period, or in which prices increase after falling in value: »
Improvement in trade has been driven by the lower cost of borrowing and the recovery of the manufacturing sector.»
Construction activity in Europe is now showing signs of recovery.»
The newly elected CEO has pledged to put the company back on the road to recovery after the corporate scandal late last year.»
economic/global/stock market recovery»
a solid/strong/slow recovery»
recovery plans/programs/efforts(a) recovery from sth »
Wall Street's recovery from a poor start helped the London market restrict its loss to 10.7 points, with the FTSE 100 index finishing at 3669.7.»
The recovery in equity markets partly explains the fact that the firm's shares have more than doubled.make/stage a recovery »
Property has staged a recovery this year.a recovery begins/continues/progresses »
We believe it will be some time before a recovery begins.► LAW the process of getting money from a person or company that has caused you loss or damage by order of a court of law: »
Most of the claimants are seeking recovery of monetary damages.► [S or U] the process of getting something back that was lost or almost destroyed: »
Improvement was due mainly to continued recovery of market share in the drinks sector.► [S or U] NATURAL RESOURCES the process of getting natural resources such as oil or gas from under the ground or sea: »
Plans to pipe greenhouse gases off to the North Sea could be used to increase oil recovery.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Recovery — Recovery … Википедия
Recovery — can refer to: Data : * Data loss refers to the unforeseen loss of data or information. Health : * Healing, the process of recovering from an injury or illness * The Recovery model of mental distress/disorder * Twelve step program of recovery from … Wikipedia
recovery — re·cov·ery /ri kə və rē/ n pl er·ies 1: the act, process, or fact of recovering 2 a: the obtaining, getting back, or vindication of a right or property by judgment or decree; esp: the obtaining of damages b: an amount awarded by or collected as a … Law dictionary
Recovery — steht für: Datenwiederherstellung: Rekonstruktion einer Datenbasis, zum Beispiel nach Zerstörung eines aktiven Datenträgers Rollback: Rücksetzen einer Transaktion, von einem System beziehungsweise einer Datenbasis Crash recovery: für den Neustart … Deutsch Wikipedia
Recovery — Re*cov er*y (r?*k?v ?r*?), n. 1. The act of recovering, regaining, or retaking possession. [1913 Webster] 2. Restoration from sickness, weakness, faintness, or the like; restoration from a condition of mistortune, of fright, etc. [1913 Webster] 3 … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
Recovery CD — [dt. »Wiederherstellungs CD«], von der Fa. Microsoft im Jahre 2000 eingeführte Form des Software Vertriebs, die dazu dient, die Nutzung von Software an einen bestimmten Computer zu binden und illegale Kopien zu verhindern. Recovery CDs werden v … Universal-Lexikon
recovery — [ri kuv′ər ē] n. pl. recoveries [ME recoverie < Anglo Fr] 1. the act or an instance of recovering; specif., a) a regaining of something lost or stolen b) a return to health, consciousness, etc. c) a regaining of balance, control, composure,… … English World dictionary
recovery — recovery. = repair (см.). (Источник: «Англо русский толковый словарь генетических терминов». Арефьев В.А., Лисовенко Л.А., Москва: Изд во ВНИРО, 1995 г.) … Молекулярная биология и генетика. Толковый словарь.
recovery — recovery. См. репаративный синтез. (Источник: «Англо русский толковый словарь генетических терминов». Арефьев В.А., Лисовенко Л.А., Москва: Изд во ВНИРО, 1995 г.) … Молекулярная биология и генетика. Толковый словарь.
Recovery — Recovery. См. извлечение. (Источник: «Металлы и сплавы. Справочник.» Под редакцией Ю.П. Солнцева; НПО Профессионал , НПО Мир и семья ; Санкт Петербург, 2003 г.) … Словарь металлургических терминов
Recovery — Grupo norteamericano de autoayuda que ofrece apoyo a las personas dadas de alta en instituciones psiquiátricas cerradas. Diccionario Mosby Medicina, Enfermería y Ciencias de la Salud, Ediciones Hancourt, S.A. 1999 … Diccionario médico